Experience Clear, Comfortable Contact Lenses
Contact lenses are a great alternative to glasses, whether you prefer not to wear frames or just want flexibility in your everyday look. Our comprehensive contact lens exams and fittings allow us to evaluate all aspects of your particular contact lens needs based on your real life.
Call us today to book your exam and fitting.
What Happens During a Contact Lens Exam?
Your contact lens prescription is different from your standard eyeglasses prescription. Contacts are not one-size-fits-all, so we’ll take several measurements to get you the most comfortable fit possible.
We use a keratometer and a corneal topographer to measure your cornea and a ruler or an automated instrument to measure your pupils and irises. We’ll also evaluate your tear film to ensure you’re not suffering from severe dry eyes.
Follow-Up Contact Lens Appointments
Our goal is for you to wear your contact lenses comfortably over the long term, so we’ll schedule regular follow-up appointments. In those appointments, we:
- Evaluate your visual acuity (sharpness of your vision) with your current lenses.
- Determine changes in your contact lens prescription.
- Evaluate the fit of your lenses, which impacts their comfort and overall effectiveness.
- Microscopically assess the health of the front surface of your eyes.
- Measure the shape and characteristics of your cornea.
- Review the results of this evaluation with you and discuss all available options.
Solutions for Hard-to-Fit Contacts
Finding contact lenses that fit and wearing contact lenses, in general, can be made more challenging when these conditions affect your eyes:
- Dry eyes
- Giant papillary conjunctivitis (GPC), swelling of the eyelid mostly seen in people who wear contacts
Wearing contacts is still possible if you experience one of the above conditions. However, you need to meet with your eye care professional and get prescribed contact lenses tailored to deal with your specific vision condition.
Your eye doctor may also recommend eye drops to help deal with underlying conditions.
Our Lens Offerings
We perform fittings for new contact lens wearers and refits for current wearers. We offer a range of lens types, including:
- Disposable soft contact lenses (daily, bi-weekly, and monthly)
- Conventional soft contact lenses
- Rigid gas-permeable (RGP) lenses
- Orthokeratology (ortho-k) lenses, which worn at night to reshape your cornea and reduce myopia
- Bifocal and progressive lenses (soft and rigid)
- Colour contacts and tinted lenses
- Toric lenses for patients with astigmatism
Please use our online form to reorder your contacts online easily.
Find us just off Broadway and John in the little white standalone building.
- 230 Broadway
- Orangeville, ON L9W 1K5
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed